A Tummy tuck surgery is also called Abdominoplasty. This cosmetic surgical procedure helps to improve the abdomen appearance. People having excess or flabby skin on the abdomen that does not improve with exercise or diet undergo Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty.
In this type of surgery, the extra skin and fat are removed to flattens the abdomen. After the removal of fat, doctors tighten the muscles and connective tissues with the help of sutures.
A Tummy Tuck surgery is one of the best suitable surgical procedures for those who have excess skin or fat around the belly button and a weak lower abdominal wall. This surgery will boost the overall image of the body. It is major surgery for contouring the body.
Most people think that Tummy Tuck surgery is similar to Liposuction. However, both are different. Although, one can also get Liposuction along with Tummy Tuck for better results and benefits. For more details Visit Personiks Tummy Tuck Surgery Clinic in Hyderabad, to know more about Tummy Tuck cost & procedure.
Why Is Tummy Tuck Surgery Done?
Flabby skin of the abdomen is not just caused by deposition of fat, but also by excess skin, the elasticity of the skin, or stretching of abdominal muscles and connective tissues. The inner griddle of connective tissues (abdominal fascia) is responsible for holding the internal organs and appearance of the abdomen.
When the abdominal fascia and muscles get stretched, the abdomen is prone to swell. This generally occurs after pregnancy or weight changes. A Tummy Tuck is done to remove the excess, loose, and flabby skin and tightens the weak abdominal wall as well. A Tummy Tuck surgery is also beneficial for minimizing the effect of stretch marks on the lower abdominal part.
Who Is Eligible For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Both men and women having good health are eligible for Tummy Tuck.
This surgery is suitable for:
1. Women who have had multiple pregnancies may go for Tummy Tuck surgery for tightening and removing the extra skin of the abdomen.
2. Obese people in removing the extra fat that deposits around the belly.
3. People having a weak lower abdominal wall.
4. Cases, where Liposuction did not help in improving the appearance of the abdomen significantly.
5. Women who have had C-section previously and want to remove the scar.
Who Is Not Eligible For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Tummy Tuck surgery is very useful. However, it is not for everyone.
Here are some of the scenario, where the doctors advise to avoid Tummy Tuck:
1. People who plan to lose significant weight. Tummy Tuck is applicable when all the other options fail. It is not an alternative option for Weight Loss.
2. Women who might consider future pregnancy. In Tummy Tuck, the muscles get tight, but future pregnancy can minimize its effect as it will separate the muscles.
3. People having chronic conditions like Diabetes, Heart Problems, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
4. People Having a body mass index (BMI) greater than 30.
Procedure of Tummy Tuck:
Before going for the surgery, the doctor will review the medical history of a person by asking a few questions. Based on medical history, he will perform a physical examination. If the results are positive, a surgical team will do a Tummy Tuck operation under anesthesia.
The surgeons will make a small incision on the abdomen to remove the excess fat and skin and pubic hair in elliptical or horizontal oval shape. To know more information on Tummy Tuck surgery check Cidoc2015
After the removal, the abdominal fascia lies on the muscles of the abdomen will be tightened with the help of sutures. The plastic surgeon will then reposition the remaining skin around the belly button. The incision will also be stitched in such a way to appear as natural crease of the bikini line. A person may also be given an antibiotic to lower the risk of complications and infections.
This procedure will generally take up to three hours.
Most people love the after effect of Tummy Tuck Surgery. However, it is important to follow the instructions prescribed by the surgeon or doctor for better results. It is always advisable to at least take care for six weeks after Tummy Tuck surgery. One may also maintain a healthy lifestyle for proper recovery.